Red sticky stuff on back of brand new Frontier?

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I just received my new Frontier last night. I took it out of the box, noticed that there was a little bit of dried red stuff on the plastic bag, but didn't think much of it. Today, when I read the thread about the DOM manufacture sticker issue, I was checking my Frontier (it has the same 1/31/09 new DOM sticker on top of an old sticker), and I noticed that there was some dried red stuff inside and on the left hand screw on the back. It looks almost like a red lollipop melted on it.

Is this something I should be concerned about? That was brand new in the box when it arrived (I ordered it from hipmonkey.com, and I'm 99% sure they just recently received this shipment straight from Britax). There was a big tear in the plastic bag, but I thought it was from a broken flap on the inside of the cardboard box. (Although the tear was in the front and this red stuff was on the back of the seat and mostly near the twisted shut end of the plastic bag.) I'll try to attach a picture, but because of the metal screw reflecting the flash of the camera it is kind of hard to see. In person, the red inside the screw is not quite as all over as it appears in the pic.

ADS

scatterbunny

I can't see how that could have possibly come straight from Britax like that. :confused: I'd venture a guess and say Hipmonkey is continuing (there's been other posts here about the same thing) to send out returned seats as if they were new. :(

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I can't see how that could have possibly come straight from Britax like that. :confused: I'd venture a guess and say Hipmonkey is continuing (there's been other posts here about the same thing) to send out returned seats as if they were new. :(

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of. I've contacted hipmonkey about this. Fortunately, I don't need the seat immediately (I was going to use it in our main car for my daughter once she goes forward-facing, which should still be a couple of months away, and use her Marathon as a back-up, and I wanted to take advantage of the February Britax sale), but I'm still frustrated (and confused about how this stuff got on the seat!).

hillary116

Maybe the person who was affixing the new DOM sticker was eating/drinking and spilled? I would still call- we don't need help making our seats sticky, the kids do a good enough job themselves on that one!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC