True Fit is frustrating me!!

sunnyflower417

Some of you may remember the post I made about Brayden's lock off on the TF not closing properly? They sent me a replacement seat. When I opened the box I immediately looked at the DOM, which is 3 months before the one I have. Meaning it was Manufactured in 4-08. That's a whole year that I won't be able to use the seat. The CS rep assured me that my son will not be in that seat in 6 years anyway, so what's the big deal. I told him I plan on using this seat for another baby. I also noticed a substance dried on to the buckle,
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...authkey=Gv1sRgCIOKxJWc8PLbsgE&feat=directlink
To me it looks like food. I refuse to put my son into a seat that looks like it may have been used. They of course want pictures. I sent them the one above

The cover is also fraying and I haven't even put my son into it. I am getting really frustrated with this company.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...authkey=Gv1sRgCIOKxJWc8PLbsgE&feat=directlink
I just spoke to them again and she said her supervisor should get back to my by Friday. I have this seat sitting around for over a week. I am getting real frustrated!!

ADS

mommycat

Eep. That does sound a bit off. I hope you can get this straightened out better! And that they get back to you WELL BEFORE Friday.

Melodiya99

I don't really understand why you had them send you a new seat? Maybe I'm confused, but I thought the instructors looked at it and your first one was fine.

As for the new seat, since it's only 3 months different than the seat they are replacing, and you didn't specify that you needed the exact dom before they sent it to you, I think that's reasonable of them. Also, I think if that was food on the buckle because the seat was used, there would probably be other evidence of food in the seat, like a dirty cover or gunk on the seat itself, kwim?

sunnyflower417

Re: True Fit is frustrating me!! UPDATE

I did talk to a supervisor and she said she talked to a engineer they agreed it does not look like food but whatever it is they are going to send me a new one. The sup gave me the same explanation on the expiration. She said they only put the expire date on so if you were to get rid of the seat people would know when it was made. They said that using it 2 years past DOE was acceptable as long as I was the original owner and I know the entire history.
When I took the new TF out of the box all the wrapping was at the bottom of the box and the tags were on the side of the seat. All evidence points to this being a used seat. I am not comfortable with putting my son in it.
When I called them about the lock off she said because I could put my neighbors seat in my car with no problem that is sounded like the lock off on mine weren't functioning properly. She decided to send me a new one.

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! What a mess it sounds like you have had with them. I also agree with you about the problem with it seeming used. I would not have felt comfortable using that seat either.

ETA: What about the new seat they sent you? Are they going to send you another seat? I would be really frustrated with them about it. I am sorry you're going through this.

sunnyflower417

They are having UPS pick up the new one they sent me and when they recieve it they will send me a new one!
WOW! What a mess it sounds like you have had with them. I also agree with you about the problem with it seeming used. I would not have felt comfortable using that seat either.

ETA: What about the new seat they sent you? Are they going to send you another seat? I would be really frustrated with them about it. I am sorry you're going through this.

mommycat

They actually told you that you could use the seat past expiry? Wow, what a way to undermine the message about not using expired seats.

sunnyflower417

I asked TF if I could just get a refund, then I would go buy a MA. They informed me they do not refund, they only repair or replace. So the slipping harness doesn't seem to be a problem for them, as they are sending me out a new seat so all I have to do is wait 2 weeks for the new one to come. "Ma'am, what is the problem, anyway?"

Any one want a TF?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I asked TF if I could just get a refund, then I would go buy a MA. They informed me they do not refund, they only repair or replace. So the slipping harness doesn't seem to be a problem for them, as they are sending me out a new seat so all I have to do is wait 2 weeks for the new one to come. "Ma'am, what is the problem, anyway?"

Any one want a TF?
On April 25 you said they were sending you a new seat to replace one that had crusty stuff and a fray. That one ALSO had a slipping harness? or the one they sent for replacement (meaning your third True Fit) has a slipping harness? I'm having a bit of tough time following the timeline.

As an aside, the fray wouldn't have bothered me. If I look in the corners of mine in those same spots, it looks very similar but the unfinished bits are better hidden underneath the cover. It kind of looks like yours was just sewn a little off so the ends are visible instead of hidden. The crusty stuff looks like dried glue possible, but of course you've seen it in real and I haven't.

If the harness is slipping though, that is a huge issue (and this was on the crusty seat or the replacement for the crusty seat?).

sunnyflower417

On April 25 you said they were sending you a new seat to replace one that had crusty stuff and a fray. That one ALSO had a slipping harness? or the one they sent for replacement (meaning your third True Fit) has a slipping harness? I'm having a bit of tough time following the timeline.

As an aside, the fray wouldn't have bothered me. If I look in the corners of mine in those same spots, it looks very similar but the unfinished bits are better hidden underneath the cover. It kind of looks like yours was just sewn a little off so the ends are visible instead of hidden. The crusty stuff looks like dried glue possible, but of course you've seen it in real and I haven't.

If the harness is slipping though, that is a huge issue (and this was on the crusty seat or the replacement for the crusty seat?).

I guess I can not be accused of being a english major! LOL! I sent the "new" TF back because we determined together, it sounded as though the seat had been used. I sent it back 2 weeks ago and they just got it. I was not comfortable with putting Brayden in a seat that I felt had been used by another child. We still have the old one with the lockoff problem, which is the one slipping. They are sending me another TF which should be here hopefully Friday. Maybe the 3rd one will be the charm? Thank you for following, I will try to be more clear!

NannyMom

What was your lockoff problem???

I took Sofi's TF out today to play with the MR. I noticed 1 of the lockoffs was open :confused: Really weird since I'd just reinstalled it Sunday. Sofi doesn't play with them. And my seat was installed with LATCH so it stayed tight anyway.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I guess I can not be accused of being a english major! LOL! I sent the "new" TF back because we determined together, it sounded as though the seat had been used. I sent it back 2 weeks ago and they just got it. I was not comfortable with putting Brayden in a seat that I felt had been used by another child. We still have the old one with the lockoff problem, which is the one slipping. They are sending me another TF which should be here hopefully Friday. Maybe the 3rd one will be the charm? Thank you for following, I will try to be more clear!
Gotcha! It's totally clear now!

I didn't read your original lock off issue, do you have a link to that? Since I own a couple of TFs, it's definitely something I want to keep an eye out for.

I think the whole lock off thing is a pain in the arse and I wish they weren't needed. Especially with a seat belt install. I mean if a vehicle seat belt locks. the lock off are redundant and I don't think the people who wrote the manual thought about that...it's also not set up very well to use RF and seat belt install without lock off use (the belt wouldn't sit right). I am just dreading using the lock offs forward-facing because I seriously think they are going to make holes in my seat belts and I'd rather not have to replace a seat belt after use of a child restraint. I really just want to use my locking seat belt. That is why the locking seat belts were designed after all, FOR child restraints. I don't need no stinkin' lockoff....:D

sunnyflower417

Gotcha! It's totally clear now!

I didn't read your original lock off issue, do you have a link to that? Since I own a couple of TFs, it's definitely something I want to keep an eye out for.

I think the whole lock off thing is a pain in the arse and I wish they weren't needed. Especially with a seat belt install. I mean if a vehicle seat belt locks. the lock off are redundant and I don't think the people who wrote the manual thought about that...it's also not set up very well to use RF and seat belt install without lock off use (the belt wouldn't sit right). I am just dreading using the lock offs forward-facing because I seriously think they are going to make holes in my seat belts and I'd rather not have to replace a seat belt after use of a child restraint. I really just want to use my locking seat belt. That is why the locking seat belts were designed after all, FOR child restraints. I don't need no stinkin' lockoff....:D[/QUOTE
I love the lock offs for FFing! I have used it FF a few times and always get it rock solid!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I love the lock offs for FFing! I have used it FF a few times and always get it rock solid!
I don't doubt they work, I just don't see the point since my seat belt locks and quite honestly, I trust my seat belt more than I trust plastic lock offs. :) (I hear so many stories of parents finding lock offs opened, not closing properly over time, breaking etc.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC