8YO in My Ride 65

BookMama

Senior Community Member
This is obviously not going to be DS's seat, but I thought I'd post some pictures of him in it. He does fit, but I think he's just about at the limits in every way except weight (and if he were any bulkier, I think he would be too big).

DS is 8Y2M, 49", 49 lbs, and has about a 17-17.5" torso (haven't measured it in a while).

His first comment when he sat down was "DD is spoiled, with two cupholders! Oh wait, she doesn't have the cubbies, though." He said he really liked the seat and would ride in it if I asked him to. When I asked if his shoulders were squished, he said no, he was very comfortable. His ears are almost at the top of the seat, but he still has a bit of room.
MiRydeDSfshfce.jpg

(Ignore the low chest clip - he obviously wasn't riding anywhere.)

His shoulders are just about at the limit. It looks like he's over the limit, but as you can see in the picture below, the harness fits him the way the sticker on the side of the seat demonstrates.
MiRydeDShrnesshight.jpg

MiRydeFFhrnesspostion.jpg

He liked the seat so much, he tried to make off with it! :p
MiRydeDSswipng.jpg

ADS

Cryssy Jane

Such a cutie pie. Thank you for the demo, I've been teetering on the myride, but this helps me understand how much life I may be able to expect out of this seat. Thank you again!!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Such a cutie pie. Thank you for the demo, I've been teetering on the myride, but this helps me understand how much life I may be able to expect out of this seat. Thank you again!!

I'm impressed he still fits in it!

I should have noted that DS is pretty short for his age, and leggy/short-torsoed. So it's going to be a rare 8YO that still fits.

Glad you all like that last picture. :p He always insists that I include one or two silly pics when he poses for car seat pics. (That explains the fish lips too. :rolleyes:)

Pixels

Um, there might be a picture of me stuck in an OHS floating out there ... yeah, I was in college. Your last picture just reminded me of that.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
What'd he think of the recline?

He didn't comment on the recline (and I didn't ask), so I assume it didn't bother him at all. That might change when the seat's installed in an actual vehicle, though. I'm going to install it in my Focus (which has very cushy/compressible seats) this weekend to see if I can get it any more upright. I'll probably have him sit in it again then to see what he thinks.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Silly boy! What'd he think of the recline?

OK, I finally put the seat in FF today. This is the least recline I could get without installing the seat in a totally "unnatural" position. :p (I might have been able to jam it more toward the back - the seats compress enough that the whole base could still be in contact with the seat - but that just didn't seem like a good install.) Seriously, though, this is more recline than I used for DD's RF seats! He would have had to really lean forward to even see out the side, I think.

MiRydeFFrcline.jpg

(He wasn't buckled here because I had the straps routed for DD RF.)

I asked DS what he thought of the seat once it was actually installed:

- He prefers to be lower, like in his usual seats (GN and Regent).
- He wanted more room in general.
- He prefers to be more upright.

Leg support didn't seem too bad, and he's pretty leggy.

However, he apparently didn't find it uncomfortable, because this is where I found him about 10 minutes later:

MiRydeDSreading.jpg

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
:ROTFLMAO: Crazy kid! Thanks for asking him. He does still look like he's lounging in it.

NannyMom

Nice pics. That's about how my 6 year old fits in it. And I agre it has nice leg support. I think the leg support was better for J than in the GN and Vivo.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
How does DD like it?

She loves it! She told me she'd been dreaming of this seat so that she could ride "backwards" again. (She's been FF for about a month, after reaching the 33 lb limit of her MA and FPSVD.) She's actually told me several times lately that she'd had a dream where I turned her seat "backward" again, so I'm really happy to have this seat for her. Plus she can actually buckle herself completely! Seems kind of funny to have a RF kid who can climb into the seat and completely buckle herself up. :p (Still working on unbuckling, but considering that the Nautilus - same buckle/clip - was the first seat that DS could undo completely, I have no doubt that she'll be a pro soon.)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
she have a lot of height room left?

I haven't really measured. I'd say she has 1"-2" left - I think she fits about the same as Maedze's DD in her siggy pic, actually. (They have just about the same stats, too.)

I'll try to take a picture if I have her in the seat tomorrow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC