Please suggest - Britax Two Way Elite vs Axkid Mini

S

SM1

Looking to buy an ERF CAR seat for my 11 month old.
I'm so confused between TWE and Axkid Mini. Want to know how is the side Impact protection in TWE as it looks very straight from the sides. Any other Pros and Cons of both the car seats??. It would be helpful in making a decision.
Thanks

ADS

T4K

Ok! I can't provide any useful information for you but wanted those that could to be aware of your location. :)

How heavy and tall your child is would be helpful as well.

finn

We have a TWE, I have never been concerned about side impact protection, my dd is 21 months and it even with the bottom harness slots, so it might be too big for an 11 month old. It is a great seat, easy to install and nice an light if you have to travel with it :)

S

SM1

Thanks for replying. Sorry, should've mentioned before, DS is 9.5 kg (Aprx 20 lbs?) and height 74 cm
(That's my another worry)I wonder if he is too little for these car seats :eek:
Here in UK we have very few choices for RF Car seats specially with the limited budget.
We have Renault Scenic and I know that TWE would fit nicely.
Axkid Mini is about to be launched here in a week's time. I searched for vehicle suitability list but there is not much information available on internet.

finn

SM1 said:
Thanks for replying. Sorry, should've mentioned before, DS is 9.5 kg (Aprx 20 lbs?) and height 74 cm
(That's my another worry)I wonder if he is too little for these car seats :eek:
Here in UK we have very few choices for RF Car seats specially with the limited budget.
We have Renault Scenic and I know that TWE would fit nicely.
Axkid Mini is about to be launched here in a week's time. I searched for vehicle suitability list but there is not much information available on internet.

What seat is your son in now? My daughter was in a Maxi Cosi Cabrio-Fix which she outgrew at 16 months lol she is tall but has a fairly short torso.

My daughter is 11.5kg & 82cm I think. I can take photos for you if you like? The TWE is a really nice seat, it has a nice recline on it for younger babies, dd rode it it for 3 hours (1.5 hours each way) one day with no complaints (it's our spare seat, she rides in a britax Nordic free-way, which is similar to the hi-way/max-way 99% of the time).

Have you looked at car-seat.se or carseat.se (I can never remember which one it is lol) the site owner is a member here (adventuredad) and is happy to answer questions :)

S

SM1

My son is in his Cybex Aton 0+ car seat. Although it says 0-13 kg but his head is already touching the top of the car seat (or may be its just me thinking he has outgrown lol :) )
TWE is my first choice as it is a nice product and cheaper than Axkid Mini but don't want to compromise just because of the price so comparing all aspects :)
Thanks for the link carseat.se I'll get in touch with them to get more information.

PS- it would be nice to see photos if you don't mind :)

Last edited:

Adventuredad

TWE has a taller seat shell and will last RF longer than any other seat. Usually to around age 6-7 or a height of 125-130 cm. (51 inches). Side impact installation is excellent like most rear facing seats. TWE is light weight and needs relatively little space for its great capacity.

Mini is a little more compact than TWE. Seat shell is also a bit shorter. The seat has the same automatic adjustment of head support as the Kidzofix and Kidzone models. The adjustment is popular for many parents and hated by some.

New for Mini is that the base is gone so the seat is simpler and lighter. Angle is adjusted with a bar under the seat just like Britax Max-Way. Another improvement is that the level of the head support can be locked manually with a little button. Those who don't like the automatic adjustment can then lock it at desired level.

Mini is similar to Britax Max-Way and will be priced around the same level. Axkid has been having "issues" during the past few months. Hope those will be sorted out. Not sure when Mini will arrive since the seat has been delayed a couple of times already.

There are sometimes questions regarding SIP for TWE. This works excellent like most RF seats thanks to forward momentum and pre-impact breaking. In real life the distance from child's head to side of car seat is an important measurement and relevant for safety. This distance is large with TWE which means great SIP even though it may not look this way.

S

SM1

I'm glad that I posted my query on this forum. Thanks for the detailed information, that's what I was looking for. I think now I would go for TWE .
Thank you all for your time and suggestions :) Much appreciated!

finn

I finally got pics of dd in the TWE, she is 22 months, 11.5kg and I'm not sure how tall, I will measure her when she wakes up :)

She has a cold and was cranky lol

Last edited:
S

SM1

I finally got pics of dd in the TWE, she is 22 months, 11.5kg and I'm not sure how tall, I will measure her when she wakes up :)

She has a cold and was cranky lol
Aww Bless!! Hope she will bounce back quickly.Thanks for sharing the picture.
I'm sorry for delayed reply, was away on a holiday. Good news is that I ordered TWE and it arrived just before we went on our trip :) Used it 3 hrs each way, DS was looking comfy and there is plenty of room for him but he was bit uncomfortable after and hour. Seems he didn't like the transition as TWE doesn't recline as much as his old car seat ( Cybex 0+) I hope he will get used to it soon :)
Overall I'm pleased with it. I'll upload the pic tomorrow.
Thanks once again for all your help :)

finn

SM1 said:
Aww Bless!! Hope she will bounce back quickly.Thanks for sharing the picture.
I'm sorry for delayed reply, was away on a holiday. Good news is that I ordered TWE and it arrived just before we went on our trip :) Used it 3 hrs each way, DS was looking comfy and there is plenty of room for him but he was bit uncomfortable after and hour. Seems he didn't like the transition as TWE doesn't recline as much as his old car seat ( Cybex 0+) I hope he will get used to it soon :)
Overall I'm pleased with it. I'll upload the pic tomorrow.
Thanks once again for all your help :)

Yeah it is fairly upright. Do you find the straps to be really wide on his shoulders? I feel like they are going to fall off dd's shoulders at any second lol

S

SM1

I love that cover :) you ds must have the same torso length as my dd lol
Yes I wanted the the black colour and it looks really good :)
I was bit unsure if DS's head would reach the lowest harness point but its just perfect lol.

newyorkDOC

I also find the straps wide-set. I'm wondering if ditching the shoulder pads would help. I really hate how the harness of the pads goes under the actual harness. It feels slippery to me. But I'm actually about to move DD to an x-fix so will decide for DS once he's big enough for the TWE.

finn

newyorkDOC said:
I also find the straps wide-set. I'm wondering if ditching the shoulder pads would help. I really hate how the harness of the pads goes under the actual harness. It feels slippery to me. But I'm actually about to move DD to an x-fix so will decide for DS once he's big enough for the TWE.

I did ditch the harness pads, dd just pushed them down. I have actually stopped using the TWE, dd fell asleep in it, leaned to one side and the harness slipped off her shoulder, despite it being tight enough :( I guess she isn't broad enough for it yet, I think it would be ok once she gets a bit bigger, but at 22 months old she should fit in it just fine :( She is tall too, 75th% for height and 50th% for weight.

newyorkDOC

I did ditch the harness pads, dd just pushed them down. I have actually stopped using the TWE, dd fell asleep in it, leaned to one side and the harness slipped off her shoulder, despite it being tight enough :( I guess she isn't broad enough for it yet, I think it would be ok once she gets a bit bigger, but at 22 months old she should fit in it just fine :( She is tall too, 75th% for height and 50th% for weight.

In my user pic, dd is asleep and the harness was buckled! And I tighten a lot! And it was summer so no jackets or anything. She was 3.8y in that pic. She's 90th %ile for height but 50 for weight.

I'm actually debating if I want to keep the TWE bc I sort of want to try the maxfix but it's 520 euros! So would need to sell the TWE to help ease my mind re: the cost.

_juune

I've always thought that the TWE is sort of meant for older/bigger kids :eek:

Btw, I have just bought a MaxWay for my 3y5mo old daughter, who is about 90 %ile for both height and weight, and I think it'll last her for quite a while. It's a nice seat :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC