Graco My Ride 65

Holly

It was measured about an inch shorter than the MA. But the pics with a child in the seats made it look like the child had more room above his head in the My Ride than in the MA. I think the cup holders make it wider, so not sure how it would do in your 3 across. The top slots are just shy of 17 inches.

Yeah, it will probably be too wide for me. I cant have anything wider than the MA. Thats ok though, I will be able to get ds RF long enough in the MA.

ADS

bfmarini

Bryan... thank you!! You have been such an awesome guy for giving us info on the board... don't think it's gone unnoticed!

No problem at all. I knew there were a lot of people interested in this seat on the board so wanted to get the word out. Plus, I heard about the seat from you guys first! :)

flutie128

I will be buying at least one of these when the comfort sport I have had since DS's birth expires. I love the girly one. Good thing the seat is for a girl :whistle:.

ChristyH

I'm so excited! I LOVE the girly color!

My 1yr old only has a 9 1/2" torso and is in the under 5% for height and weight, I think I will get ALOT of use out of this seat rear facing.

April

It's hard to tell from the picture, but how tall is the seat shell? It doesn't look that tall. How tall are the highest slots? (Not sure if anyone knows yet, just thinking outloud)
If it's as tall as the MA, or taller, and has a high enough shell and can fit 3 across, I might get one of these instead of a MA. I'm not getting a new seat until about September.

The base looks pretty narrow and like it sits up high. I think it might puzzle well with the lower sitting seats (Radian anyone?)

I'm just in shock that they are releasing a girly cover right off the bat. One up on the Nautilus in my books:thumbsup:

heyruthie

wow. i think i'm going to have to hold out on my "great convertible carseat search" for a few more months.....i was just about to spring for a TF or another EFTA. this one is just TOO cool....

jujumum

The Chandler is fair, but the Patina Bloom!!! I :love: this cover! Even it's name is pretty and girly. I hope their replacement covers are reasonably priced, though. I'll need a boy/neutral one down the line for ds, too. Graco needs to break into the animal prints, too.:thumbsup:

mommy-medic

Thanks for posting that info! I'm not too crazy about the girly cover, but would opt for it over the neutral one. Does anyone know what retailers we may see these seats in? BRU, walmart, etc? Would love to do a test install/fit with my 2.5 year old. (Yes, the cupholders are a selling point, but not sure if it's going to trump my marathon or not- do like RFing tether as well, and with the MR65 height it may/may not work anyway). Want to put my hands on it!

romanoma

I have to agree, I am VERY VERY impressed with the price point. What good is an awesome seat if most average families can't afford them? This will be very popular among the masses just given the brand, cup holders, and price.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... think how many people buy the comfortsport just because they had a graco infant seat, loved it, and figure that they can just buy any graco seat and it will be great?

It's not a lot more than the comfortsport, so I could see a lot of people seeing why not go ahead and buy this one instead... even without the taller shell, better cupholders (though that will help pursuade the ones who think the comfortsport will last long enough), and higher weight limit.

And as long as that seating area is indeed comparable to the Marathon, we'll be able to recommend something besides the Evenflo Triumph, the Radian, and the Truefit, all that have quirks (knobs, sometimes hard to install, hard to access harness adjuster) that people can choose from.

Of course, then I just also keep thinking that the more submersed the market becomes in seats that hold kids in harnessed longer, the more people will stop and think before rushing to booster at 4 and 40 or (MUCH worse) 3 and 30lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC