Vent Not inlove with my Marathon :(

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Britax did say it was ok as long as it was otherwise installed well (they mentioned I could use a towel or noodle, and I already am).

Actually, it's a good idea to take DD with you to make sure SHE fits the seat. It sounds like that might not be an issue at this point, but in the future, especially when she's FF, it will. Kids tend to fit differently in a seat once it's installed. I hear ya about trying to install seats with a little one in a parking lot, though. Bring the sitter (or a friend or relative) with you to help corral your DD while you do the grunt work.

ADS

NannyMom

If you have a USB cord to connect your camera to your computer, you don't need any special software - most computers already have a basic windows interface on them & it will automatically come up and guide you through the download process if there isn't any other software installed.

So just connect your camera to your computer, then turn on your camera, and your computer will lead you from there - you'll probably go through found new device, windows media player will pop up & give you options of what you want to do - select download images, and then select the ones you want, title the folder & where you want them saved, and away you go. :thumbsup:

Thank you to those who have returned to answering the original question, and just a friendly reminder to everyone to read an entire thread before posting a knee-jerk response. Sometimes what you're commenting on has already been resolved and repetitive critical comments are rarely appreciated - especially when the point has already been taken and understood. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'll give it a try! :)

Also an update for all....

I watched a video on RF tethering and saw how to do it. I tethered it this morning. It got the angle to 45* and it's easier for me to reach her now. The seat is growing on me. I took off the HUGS. Can I take off the belly pad? DD really doesn't like that. I think I was making it too tight and that's why I had to pull the harness adjuster a million times. I will be keeping the seat.

And OT- I wanted to clear something up. I refered to myself as a "struggling Mom" and someone misread it and replied as I'm a "single Mom". Not a huge deal, I just don't want people thinking I'm someone I'm not (because I know it's harder being a single Mom!). I am married, but we struggle pay check to paycheck (as I know many do). We just finished a fight with DH's workman's comp insurance company for 5 weeks worth of pay (he's been unable to work for over 3 years). So money issues were getting very tense. :)

munchkin

Here is an MA I was using (not mine, LCMOM's). I just figured it meant to make sure to have the latch strap on that side of the bend, KWIM?

This is also how I took that sticker. Mine is a March '08 DOM. My LATCh strap doesn't start until the middle of the sticker and I am completely comfortable with the install. Here is a pic of mine. (Sorry it is kinda off, but wasn't really taking a pic of the side of the seat :), and I already took the whole seat out, because my nephew fell asleep on the way home yesterday and it was easier to take the whole seat out then wake him up!)

DSC03753.jpg

Last edited:

NannyMom

WHen I took a closer look at my install today, I saw the towel is really squashed. You deffinetly can't see it from that angle. It will be checked in person by a tech on Sunday.

glad you were able to get it to work for you. and yes you can take off the belly pad...i personally never use them they annoy both my daughters. also make sure you put the hugs in a safe place you NEED them to ff the seat. i took them off my youngest daughters and twist tied them together then safety pinned them to the top tether pocket. that way i will know right where they are when i turn her seat 2 yrs or so from now.

NannyMom

I will put the HUGS and possibly the belly pad in the tether pocket. I forgot to ask Britax today, what's with the black harness cover on the back of the seat? I assume that's a must-use?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I will put the HUGS and possibly the belly pad in the tether pocket. I forgot to ask Britax today, what's with the black harness cover on the back of the seat? I assume that's a must-use?

Nope, you can take it off (As I said before all the brouhaha, it's for protecting the harness from getting tangled in a lap/shoulderbelt when forward facing ;))

Kat_Momof3

I know it's not the safest idea (though now this marathon makes it even less safe). But what does everyone else do when your spending hours in the car with a toddler (possibly cranky) who will need a drink or a snack at some point? Do you pull over every time?

okay... the stickers, IMO, are to signal the section of bar for ninnies who would maybe otherwise have it setup to where the latch straps would not really be as tight as they seem and slip down to the right spot in a crash... and hey... there are some dads out there who can manage all kinds of misuse.

I think your install looks fine..

but onto this particular question.

I admit, one reason I loved getting my van was to make handing things back a little easier, BUT... when we had a sedan, Ruthie was in the center... and she was rf as we didn't get the van until she was almost 1yr old.

What I did then, for things like a binky, a blanket, her special bunny that played music, a cloth book, etc., was to hand it to my forward facing child and have it passed OR wait until I was stopped at a red light or could pull over.

Now, even once we had the van, while it was easier to reach her, I never handed her things while we were moving.

I would sometimes pass them behind me to my forward facing child (because I could do that without turning around) and had him pass it... if it wasn't a soft object (ie, a sippy), I waited, since he would have to toss it.

But then, when I moved her to the third row, it was even easier... I would pass to my 2nd row ff kid, who would pass it to his brother (this is when everyone was harnessed, so leaning was impossible for them), and he would give it to his sister.

but, when we were alone or when the boys were asleep... she had to wait till I could get over or stop or whatever.

If I knew ahead of time that she would get thirsty, I'd give her her sippy before I got in my seat and started the car.

But remember, your kid won't die of thirst or hunger or boredom because they have to wait 5-10min before they get what they want.

mum2two

Just adding as OP has mentioned that now it will be easier to reach her DD....I also never reach backwards/the roads are too scary and you'd hate to hit someone or something...for longer trips I have a strap that goes around a sippy cup and arounds DS's wrist...with DD and her teddy I put a piece of wool around his wrist and DD's wrist so if he fell she could reel him in...and I agree it's just a good idea to get children used to waiting....I think you may grow to love your MA and that cover is one of my fav's.

NannyMom

Sofi is getting older now (I can't believe she's almost 2!). She doesn't like it when I put a snack bag or cup in her carseat when we leave. But, I'll have to start teaching her it's now or you wait and cry.

Thanks for all the advice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC