The Myride is available at my TRU!!!

ADS

amyd

What are the limits on this seat in Canada? And what are the top slots? Please update me... Thanks!

I believe the limits are the same as the US (40/65). Top slots are about 17, I believe. Second to top can be used RF & are around 14, from what I've read.

PurpleCat

Is this a difficult seat to install? My son is already at the top rear facing slot on his Radian (which I JUST bought. :() and I'm having a terrible time installing it. I may need to get a different seat... or a new car! :whistle: (That's a whole other thread...)

featherhead

Is this a difficult seat to install? My son is already at the top rear facing slot on his Radian (which I JUST bought. :() and I'm having a terrible time installing it. I may need to get a different seat... or a new car! :whistle: (That's a whole other thread...)

You can use any slot for rear-facing with the Radian. I am sure your son has not outgrown it!

simplychels

I have a quick question about this seat. Im going to need a spare once my XT comes in december, would this be an ok spare seat?

My DD is 25lbs, 3 years old in december, and 35inches when she stretches. she has about 4 maybe 5 inches of growth in her marathon RF'ing, and is directly even with the 2nd shoulder slots. shes just little bitty.

I think I remember people saying the MR has a relatively shorter shell compared to say the XT and the Complete air, but I just want to clarify that.

also on this note, anybody heard anything about Britax's next generation seats? any plans yet now that they are getting their butts kicked?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have a quick question about this seat. Im going to need a spare once my XT comes in december, would this be an ok spare seat?

My DD is 25lbs, 3 years old in december, and 35inches when she stretches. she has about 4 maybe 5 inches of growth in her marathon RF'ing, and is directly even with the 2nd shoulder slots. shes just little bitty.

I think I remember people saying the MR has a relatively shorter shell compared to say the XT and the Complete air, but I just want to clarify that.

also on this note, anybody heard anything about Britax's next generation seats? any plans yet now that they are getting their butts kicked?

The MR is pretty similar in size to the MA. No word about Britax, so I definitely wouldn't expect it within the next 6 months, and may be even longer than that. If they were close I'd have expected a prototype or some sort of info from ABC kids show and we didn't hear anything about them. If they're still working on re-designing the frontier, it could be even longer... I'm really not sure.

Haven't seen the stickers on the MR, but I know they were testing it to 40lbs rf'ing and I believe it had passed all the dynamic tests, they were just working on the other parts required for it to meet standards. Compression/deflection seems to be the big one that manufacturers have to make minor changes to meet, so that may have made it arrive slightly later. I suspect there was a race between Safety 1st and Graco to get the first 40lb seat here. ;)

amyd

We have it in Moncton as well:thumbsup: Why couldn't they have put push-button UAS connectors on it, though?:( I swore I'd never buy another seat with the little clippy things:p

Shanora

There are no MR at the North Store in Edmonton, neither is there at the West end store. However they sold 2 today at the south store!!! AHHHH.

There is 10 supposedly coming to both the North and West Stores sometime in the next week, and 8 going to the south store (my guess is for a total of 10 including the 2 the got sold).

She told me the patterns are Spiral and Sonata!!!! WOOT WOOT....I'm SO waiting for Sonata.

At anyrate the SKU number (or product number) for Spiral if you are wanting to call in an enquire about it is 704911

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
She told me the patterns are Spiral and Sonata!!!! WOOT WOOT....I'm SO waiting for Sonata.

At anyrate the SKU number (or product number) for Spiral if you are wanting to call in an enquire about it is 704911
I prefer Flair, but DD loves Alma the most, then Sonata the 2nd so we could totally go with that! I assume that if I give them the spiral SKU #, it's likely they can easily find the Sonata at that point?

Shanora

Yes, I didn't get that SKU though. She said there were no orders (shippments??) for that pattern yet by any of the stores here in Edmonton.

snowbird25ca

Sonata will more than likely be a Special Order.

Yes, it's only available special order and is in stock in the warehouse already, so you should be able to special order it in any store - though they'll likely have to look up the SKN.

A search under "my ride" will bring up both seats though.

No store is carrying the Sonata as a standard pattern as of right now. (On a side note, the mariposa Nautilus is only special order as well - so those of you waiting for it to show up in store are better either ordering online or go in and do a special order.)

I would expect North probably got their's today. I know we just got our's today because I was in yesterday and it wasn't there then. They may have gotten the same delivery that we got today, so if they get it out quickly, then it'll be out on the floor tomorrow with any luck.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Guess that means I'll have to wait for my store to get Spiral, go try it out, and if it works, order a Sonata. Trudy, if I special order it, can I still return it? Assuming it's not used. Just in case I find some issue that I don't find while testing it in the parking lot of BRU.

snowbird25ca

Guess that means I'll have to wait for my store to get Spiral, go try it out, and if it works, order a Sonata. Trudy, if I special order it, can I still return it? Assuming it's not used. Just in case I find some issue that I don't find while testing it in the parking lot of BRU.

You can return it, but you do lose the $50 deposit that you put on it at the time of the first order. The better bet may be to wait for it to become available online and order it from there during one of the free shipping specials if you're worried about having to return it. Online purchases can be returned in store, and you'd get what you paid minus shipping back.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
You can return it, but you do lose the $50 deposit that you put on it at the time of the first order. The better bet may be to wait for it to become available online and order it from there during one of the free shipping specials if you're worried about having to return it. Online purchases can be returned in store, and you'd get what you paid minus shipping back.
I could also just buy a spiral, try it at home and try it in my parents' vehicle and if it works, return it then buy a couple Sonatas (or one Sonata and keep the Spiral for my parents' vehicle).

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC