The Myride is available at my TRU!!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Saw the MR at the Lethbridge TRU last night. Sure wish they had other colors besides the 2 they offer. Do you think we could buy a cover from Graco?
I bet they won't ship them to Canada but they do sell them in the U.S. for around $40-$50. If you know someone in the U.S. you can get it shipped there and then have them ship it to you. I was going to do with this Flair because I :love: me some Flair, but DD REALLY wants Sonata, so Sonata it is. Saves me dough and hassle I guess.

Oh, and the tracking shows my Sonata has arrived! I guess I'll be picking it up from Purolator today!

ADS

Sap

I went to look at the MyRide last night and will be getting one to replace our Marathon, and because DS weighs 24lbs at 16 months, that extra 5 pounds could make a difference for him.

And, just a heads up, they're going on sale (30$ off) on Friday!

triscuitsmom

OK new question...

Is Toys R Us like Sears in their delivery to store? Meaning can I get them to order Sonata for me instead of having to do it myself if I end up needing to pick one up for someone? I know at Sears you can get free delivery to store or else pay for shipping to your door. I'm fine with doing a store pick up at the Toys R Us in my town if they'll order it for me...

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
OK new question...

Is Toys R Us like Sears in their delivery to store? Meaning can I get them to order Sonata for me instead of having to do it myself if I end up needing to pick one up for someone? I know at Sears you can get free delivery to store or else pay for shipping to your door. I'm fine with doing a store pick up at the Toys R Us in my town if they'll order it for me...
Trudy would know the exact answer to this because she works there part-time, but I'll take a stab at what I think is the answer (and some of the info I am relaying has come from Trudy). I believe that your store can special order it in for you and will take a $50 deposit. Then it can take a couple weeks to get in. *If* you decide to return it, you lose your $50 deposit. If you order it online, you pay shipping and if you need to return it, you take it into the store and return it minus your shipping cost, which is WAY, WAY less than $50. AND it gets to you in a few days rather than a couple of weeks. Sometime there are online coupons which will counteract the shipping costs.

But, you can't order online and have it delivered to the store. And the other thing is, I am not sure if all stores can special order, it might only be specific stores.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
My Sonata is here! The colour looks MUCH nicer in real. It is milk chocolate so lighter than I expected and nicer. :thumbsup:

DD had a bit of a meltdown because it wasn't her "chocolate" seat. But, wait, it IS chocolate brown....which was the problem. She had told me the seat looked like chocolate when she saw the pic, and I said "yes, it is chocolate brown" and she apparently got in her head that this seat WAS chocolate and she was going to be able to eat part of it. :confused:

So, ya, she was unamused that it wasn't edible and wasn't what she was expecting. DH installed it and she cooperated and climbed in. She said she did really like the colour, but that she would have preferred "her chocolate seat".

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
That makes sense but it is sad for me because I just went and found my thread on here to figure out when I bought it and it was Nov 10th... so I'll be 3 days over :thumbsdown: :)

Go in with your receipt and talk to the manager. If you get someone in a good mood they may be able to help you out. Assuming you don't live a long ways away anyways.

And hey, you know the sale price before me. :p That somehow seems unfair, ROFL.

OK new question...

Techno summed it up perfectly. :thumbsup:

My Sonata is here! The colour looks MUCH nicer in real. It is milk chocolate so lighter than I expected and nicer. :thumbsup:

DD had a bit of a meltdown because it wasn't her "chocolate" seat. But, wait, it IS chocolate brown....which was the problem. She had told me the seat looked like chocolate when she saw the pic, and I said "yes, it is chocolate brown" and she apparently got in her head that this seat WAS chocolate and she was going to be able to eat part of it. :confused:

So, ya, she was unamused that it wasn't edible and wasn't what she was expecting. DH installed it and she cooperated and climbed in. She said she did really like the colour, but that she would have preferred "her chocolate seat".

:ROTFLMAO: That is just too funny that she though the seat would be edible. Gotta love how kids think of the funniest things at this age. I'm sure the cupholders will make up for it not being real chocolate. :p

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Ok where's the pictures? I wanna see pictures. Lol. And so not fair I am still waiting for mine. Lol
Well, we picked it up at 5:30pm, but the time we got to my parents to pick up the kids, it was 5:50pm and mostly dark, by the time the seat was out of the box, set to the right harness position, put into RF mode, and time spent hugging DD first for getting accidentally punched in the lip while DH was ripping off the tape and then 2nd because the seat wasn't REAL chocolate, it was 6pm and DARK outside. And he had to install it ASAP so we could get home to get other child to an activity. So, no time to take pics in my parents house and it's in the vehicle right now where did I mention it was dark? :D

Shanora

Re: PICS!!!

emo-yipee.gif
emo-yipee.gif
emo-yipee.gif
emo-yipee.gif

YAY My My Ride is in....AND they are going to honor the sale price!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

Shanora

The lady I talked to when I asked if I could get it for the sale price said she didn't see it being a problem, since the My Ride is on sale!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

The lady I talked to when I asked if I could get it for the sale price said she didn't see it being a problem, since the My Ride is on sale!
I talked to my BRU and they said it is only in stock colours and not special ordered ones. And on the web site, only the Spiral is on sale, not the Sonata. So, you are REALLY lucky! I am jealous.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

emo-yipee.gif
emo-yipee.gif
emo-yipee.gif
emo-yipee.gif

YAY My My Ride is in....AND they are going to honor the sale price!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

Yippee! That sure came fast - it was what? 10 days or so? They've really been rushing shipments of the MR out to stores. I think we got our 3rd shipment this week already, so hopefully we won't run out while the sale is on. (Though if we do, I'll take a rain check and delay the decision about whether or not to buy one. :p )

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC